Blog Hop

The Friday Blog Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books. Each week she asks participants to answer a question in their blog post. This week she asks "Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?"

My answer: most of the time I don't listen to music because at our house the tv is on all evening and when everyone has gone to bed and I get a chance to read I love the quiet. The odd time I do put music on it is quiet classical music. I get very involved with music that has words and find myself thinking about those instead of the book, so quiet instrumental is about the only music I can read to. Even that can be distracting because the emotion in the music never coincides with the emotion in the reading. I have one CD called "Classical Music For Reading" that I'd have to say is my favorite. If I'm going to listen to anything while reading, it would probably be that.


If you're visiting from the hop please leave a comment so I can return your visit. If you've never heard of the hop, check out Crazy For Books at the link above and you'll find an amazing list of book blogs full of reviews on books of all kinds.

Have a great weekend!
Dianne

4 comments:

Shannon (Giraffe Days) said...

Hi Dianne, I'm here on the Hop again!

I like the sound (ha ha) of a CD designed for reading - my problem with classical is that I never know what the pieces I like are called, so I can never get hold of a copy! Like when you hear a piece in a movie. It's not like you can Google a lyric to find it either!!

Christopher said...

I am stopping by here, Diane, returning your visit, although I already see a couple of books you've reviewed that I'm going to visit and comment on too. Cheers! Chris

Katrina said...

Thanks for visiting me via the Blog Hop.I see you're a Cold Comfort Farm fan too, that bodes well. I'll be back again!

Ms. C said...

Hi Diane,
Thanks for visiting my blog during the hop :) i'm glad my review of the Cellist of Sarajevo convinced you to read the book - it really is great!
hope you had a good weekend, i'm looking forward to checking your blog out!

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com