The Broke and Bookish asked us to list our top ten favourite anything. I decided to go with my top ten favourite authors to read on those days when my brain is on overload and I want a book that will simply entertain me and not demand anything in return. Some call these "comfort reads" - a good description because they take you away from your life and tell you a story without asking you to take responsibility for anything. So here are my top ten authours to read for pleasure only:
1. Maeve Binchey - she was such a great story-teller.
2. Rosamunde Pilcher - I love the settings and language
3. Alexander McCall Smith - reading the Isabel Dalhousie series set in Edinburgh
4. Anne Perry - there seems to be an endless number of these mysteries. I'm not really a fan of mysteries but I like the time/setting/language of these books
5. Elizabeth Peters - the Amelia Peabody series is very entertaining
6. P.G. Wodehouse - have only read one, but I'm loving the dry humour
7. Miss Read - again have only read one but that was enough - I'm hooked
8. Wilkie Collins - gothic and melodramatic - they are a great escape
9. Lucy Maude Montgomery - lovely innocent stories of days past
10. Louisa May Alcott - her books create a nice atmosphere to spend time in
Stop by The Broke and Bookish to find a long list of other top tens that might interest you. So many blogs, so little time...