"The Careful Use of Compliments"

The Careful Use of Compliments by Alexander McCall Smith

This is book #4 in the Sunday Philosophy Club series. If you've been reading my posts for very long, you know I'm becoming less enthusiastic about this series with each book.

I love the concept: a single woman living in Edinburgh, editing an obscure philosophy magazine, harbouring feelings for a man years younger than her, and taking an intense interest in other people affairs. She is driven to solve the mysteries of the people around her. It's a concept that should work and I very much enjoyed the first in the series, but I find myself bored with it now for some reason.

 I wouldn't say I dislike these books, I'm just not finding them very interesting anymore. Maybe I'll read one more, and maybe I won't. I don't know. I have no more on my shelf so this might be it for this series. Try them though, it might be just the thing you're looking for. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com