The Enchanted April & Life of Pi

 The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Armin (audio)

I read this a few years ago and liked it, so when I found the audio version on sale I thought I'd indulge and maybe inject a little enchantment into this particular April. I think I enjoyed this version even more. The lovely British accent of the narrator, her clear voice and ability to change her tone just enough to distinguish each character, made this a treat to listen to. I'd forgotten just how amazing the setting was and hearing it described made it even more real. I've thoroughly enjoyed spending the last few days immersed in that beautiful place.

Here's my original review.


Life of Pi by Yann Martel

* Spoiler Alert*

I hate to say it, but I didn't like this one at all. I found the first part tedious, thought it improved only a little once he was in the lifeboat, then found the last section, where he's in the hospital being interviewed, completely ridiculous. 

It's apparent even to me that I've entirely missed the point of the story. Oodles of people rave about this book - there are two pages at the beginning full of quotes saying how wonderful it is - but I had to force myself to stick with it. I'm still not sure why I did. I guess I was hoping I'd get to the part that impressed everyone else, but I never did and instead was happy to finally reach the last page. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com