The Grumbler's Guide to Giving Thanks

The Grumbler's Guide to Giving Thanks by Dustin Crowe

This book changed my perspective. a change I needed more than a little. It's about being grateful - and expressing that gratitude - for the things we've been given. But more than that, it's about taking the time to consider what the gift says about the Giver, and how that can give us a clearer understanding of who God is and how He feels about us.   

"What does the nature of this gift tell me about the giver? What does it tell me about what they want for me or how they're seeking my good? How does what someone did for me provide insight into their heart, character, intentions, and attributes?"

"As we take this step into thanksgiving, it builds our trust in God. Here our fears, anxiety, and worries get smaller as our view of God gets bigger. This doesn't happen because problems go away but because we've encounterd a God who is in all circumstances still good, in control, at work. providing for us, and acting on our behalf."

Some of it was repetitive, but maybe it needed to be to drill the message into my thick head. I appreciated the practical suggestions at the end of each chapter that help you actually do something instead of just nodding agreement and putting it back on the shelf. This one offers something real that you can do now to improve your outlook and the way you feel about life. And really, who doesn't need that?

It's a fairly quick read but it's changed the way I look at giving thanks, and for that, this grumbler is indeed grateful.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com