Friday Blog Hop

Time for the Friday Blog Hop hosted each weekend by Jennifer at Crazy For Books.  This week's question is  "Why do you read the genre that you do? What draws you to it?" 
My answer:
I read a lot of classics and books that aren't classics but just old. I also read modern literature. I enjoy books that use good language. I like a good story, but I can do with a lesser one as long as the language is beautiful. Perfectly crafted sentences and flowing paragraphs are my addiction comfort reads. I find good writing much easier to find among older books than newer ones, but thanks to the book blogging world I'm finding more and more present day authors who write what I can enjoy reading. I do also sometimes read lighter books that don't offer much except entertainment value, but sometimes entertainment is what I'm looking for. There are so many genres for so many moods and I don't ever want to get stuck in one just because I think I should. I confess I am prejudiced against paranormal romances, but if someone could convince me that they have found one with beautiful writing, well composed characters and a well built plot I might bring myself to try one. Maybe. Check the linky list on Jennifer's blog  . You'll find lots of great blogs and bloggers, and many titles to add to your to-be-read list.


And now there are just TWO DAYS LEFT to enter the draw for a betterworldbooks.com $20 gift certificate. Contest closes midnight (atlantic time) Saturday, Jan 15th, 2011.  Who wouldn't want to win a prize you could use to order new books? In 48 hours the contest will be closed so enter now! Just leave a comment on this blog post  and you could be the winner! Winner announced Sunday the 16th. Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com