Ummm.....is this normal?

Wow. I signed up with Goodreads a couple of days ago, added some books to my shelves and yesterday started posting some of my reviews. Someone else had a review up about The Picture Of Dorian Gray that I commented on with the following:

"I agree with you about this book. To me it's pointless and not worthwhile reading. But...please don't judge all classics by that one! There are so many wonderful old books and it would be a shame to miss them all because of one senseless one. Try "To Kill A Mockingbird" or "My Antonia" or "Tess Of The D'Ubervilles". "Pride and Prejudice", "Little Women" and "Anne of Green Gables" are also classics that I love.They are all much better stories than Dorian Gray and are well written. And trust me, you don't have to be smart to read them! Hope you find something you like."


I got this response today from someone called Genesis:

"You people make me sick. You are obviously quite shallow and have a such a freakish lack of appreciation for literature and truth and beauty of the mind, that I find it hard to call you people at all."

Well. I guess I'm so used to our little blogging community and people being thoughtful and, well...nice that it caught me off guard. Is this normal for Goodreads or was I just lucky enough to generate some serious hostility on my first day? I'm fine with being disagreed with, but how do you have a conversation with a start like that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com