The Blessing of Grandchildren

I had no problem finding something to be thankful for today: my 11 year old granddaughter is coming to visit for the weekend. She's a great kid - kind, smart, funny, and a book lover! On Friday we'll be spending some time at Chapters. I can't justify buying myself any more books after my recent rather wild online spree at Amazon, Book Depository and Awesome Books but I can justify buying any number of books for her. After all, I'm contributing to her education and personal growth and you can't put a price limit on that. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Grandchildren are one of lifes greatest blessings. Someone has said that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your own kids when you wanted to, and there's some truth to that. In many ways it's getting a second chance. At a time in your life when you can look back and see the mistakes you made with your own children, along come the grandchildren and you get the chance to do some of those things differently. It's easier because you don't have them every minute of every day so you have the time and energy to think about the way you're handling things and how you want to influence them. You love them every bit as much as you did their parents, but there's less pressure and a lot more time to just enjoy them. Today, I am very thankful for my two beautiful granddaughters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com