The Canadian Book Challenge

As posted a while ago, I'm taking part in the Canadian Book Challenge this year. It's hosted by Book Mine Set and it runs from July 1, 2010 to July 1, 2011 and I'll be reading 13 Canadian books within that time period.

I've finally chosen the books to read. I may not read them in this order but here's the list:

1. The Book Of Negroes by Lawrence Hill...reading now for Book Club
2. Ivor Johnson's Neighbours by Bruce Graham...loved it
3. The Wise and Foolish Virgins by Don Hannah...read Ragged Islands and loved it
4. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood...have never read Atwood (on my guilt list)
5. The Cellist of Sarajevo by Stephen Galloway...because it sounds perfect
6. The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz by Mordecai Richler...on my guilt list
7. The Hatbox Letters by Beth Powning...sounds good
8. Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowatt...have never read Mowatt (guilt list again)
9. The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence...have never read Laurence (guilt list)
10. The Piano Man's Daughter by Timothy Findley...love the title
11. The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery...love her writing
12. The Flying Troutman's by Miriam Toews...keep running into this one
13. The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields...have never read Shields (guilt list)

Oh dear. It sounds like I chose most of these out of guilt, but I really am looking forward to reading them. I've been saying I'd get around to some of these authors for a long time, so I am going to feel very happy with myself when I get through this list. I'm also hoping I'll discover some new favorite authors, or at least like them well enough to check out their other books. So...off I go to educate myself in Canadian Literature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com