"Alice In Wonderland"

Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

This is yet another of those books I've seen all the cartoons, movies etc. for but have never read. I have to say, it was a delight. Carroll has a wonderfully light comic touch. It was fun, whimsical, imaginative - something I think any child would enjoy reading. I do sometimes wonder if kids are still interested in these older books; the language is so different from what is being written for them now. Are children still reading things like Alice In Wonderland, Peter Pan or The Chronicles Of Narnia?

I think I've nearly finished catching up on the children's books I missed reading over the years. I still have to get a copy of "Winnie The Pooh" and I've recently discovered that "Through The Looking Glass" is a separate Alice book (I didn't know there were two) so I've got that on my e-reader now. Come to think of it, I haven't read Watership Down yet either. As I said, nearly finished.

I certainly don't recommend the e-reader for children's books because, at least in the ones I've seen, you don't get any of the illustrations. I just know they would be gorgeous and I feel like I'm missing a valuable aspect of the book by not having them. I do recommend "Alice In Wonderland" though. It was great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com