Book Blog Hop May 3 - May 9

The Book Blog Hop is hosted by Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer



 This week's Book Blog Hop questions is:
"What was the last book you read that was recommended by someone else? 
Did you like it?"

That would be Henri Nouwen's "The Return Of The Prodigal Son". I loved it. It was recommended to me by someone whose taste in books is very similar to mine so when she suggests a book I always read it and almost always love it. It was a phenomenal book about God and His love for His children. It's one of those rare books that really does change things, whether it's your attitude or your perspective or maybe even your whole world view. Well worth reading.  

6 comments:

Maria Behar said...

Oh, I LOVE reading nonfiction, especially if it's spiritually oriented. Nouwen is supposed to be nearly as wonderful as Thomas Merton, and I've been meaning to read his books.

I'd like to review more nonfiction on my blog, but it seems that not many people are interested in it. I will continue to review it from time to time, though, for those few discerning readers who enjoy reading it.

Thanks for the recommendation!! :)

Ordinary Reader said...

Maria, I read quite a bit of non-fiction too. I have 11 on my list this year so far. I particularly love biographies, memoirs and travel stories. As interesting as fiction can be, it can't hold a candle to real life stories. Thanks for visiting Ordinary Reader!

Kathryn T said...

I haven't read this one by H Nouen, but a long time ago have read some of his others. Can understand that this would be inspiring and a keeper.

Maria Behar said...

Hi, again! Well, I prefer fantasy to reality. Lol. However, the thing about nonfiction is that it can give you a lot of food for thought, as well as touch your heart and soul (depending on the genre). I have to try to strike a balance between fiction and nonfiction on my blog. I did try to start a nonfiction blog some time back, but that was a mistake. I just don't have the time for two blogs.

You're very welcome for my visit! Happy Friday, and have a FAB weekend!! :)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing...have never read that book.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Anonymous said...

This is not one I've heard of. My first time joining the hop but I hope to visit again.

~~Emmly Jane

Post a Comment

 

www.123lawsuitsloans.com